What is Digital Marketing? Know Everything About It
“If Your Business Is Not On The Internet, Then Your Business Will Be Out Of Business” – BILL GATES
Digital Marketing has witnessed rapid growth since the late 2000s, as it has paved the way for brands and businesses to use modern digital technologies for marketing. With the people going digital in everyday life and the increasing integration of digital platforms into marketing plans, the campaigns for online marketing has become more widespread and efficient.
Table of Contents
- What is Digital Marketing?
- What is Digital Marketing strategy?
- Digital Marketing types
- Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Role of Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing scope
So, let’s go
What is Digital Marketing?
With the ever-evolving technologies in the modern era, where everything is readily available at your fingertips, digital marketing has shown a huge surge in its development over the years. If you are still stuck to the usual old school methods of marketing your products or business, then it’s high time to go digital.
Online Marketing is nothing but a part of marketing, which uses a digital medium, mainly internet, to get your business or services transmit directly to the consumers. It not only provides you with a virtual medium to track your marketing business but also gives a varied scope to improve and develop your marketing strategies.
So, here is all you need to know about the new ideas and once you have it, you will definitely not be aloof from its benefits.
What is digital marketing strategy?
Online marketing industry is at its peak in India with the availability of internet to every common people, which was limited to the wealthy section of the society previously. In order to market your business digitally, one needs to first understand what is digital marketing strategy. It is simply a marketing management system, where a series of action is performed as per proper planning with the vision to grow the business and its outreach to the customers.
In order to come up with effective digital marketing planning (DMP), a company or a business needs to first review the marketplace just to have a clear picture of its current position. Now a specific actionable strategy with a relevant idea must be set and measured keeping an eye on its competitors’ benchmark. The plan must be time-bound and should be in-line with the company’s objectives, vision and mission.
The company must strategize to target selected segments of the market and try to communicate to its customers via various digital techniques expressing their offers clearly to them. Upon doing this, the marketing mix comprising of the 4P’s (Product, Promotion, Place and Price) must be reviewed. Once done, it’s time for the firm to come into action and set the budget along with an internal management system. After all these, a specific format for digital communication needs to be aligned in order to ensure that the used platforms are in-line with the firm’s online marketing strategy.
Digital Marketing Types
With around 4 billion internet users across the globe, it always feels like we must be doing more of the internet marketing. But, ever wondered exactly how many digital marketing types are currently available and among those which one prefers best for your firm? Here we take you through the different types which will suit the most for your business.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): It is the process to acquire quality traffic from the search results obtained through various search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): It is a form of digital marketing where paid methods are used to increase the visibility of a website when one searches for a relevant topic in search engines. SEO and SEM can be combined to get better quality traffic for your website.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM): In order to attract traffic for your website, social media platforms are considered to be the best place. Social Media Marketing is often used to increase vulnerability and build significant relationships with customers.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising: Pay per click advertising is a way of advertising in which marketers pay a fee for every click on their ads. Basically, it is one type of paid search.
- Content Marketing: The main focus is primarily based on creating relevant, valuable and engaging content in order to distribute it to a target audience. Some of the examples of content marketing include blog posts, podcasts, infographics, case studies and ebooks.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate Marketing is another kind where a person gets into a partnership with other businesses so as to receive a commission through the business for the traffic generation.
- Email Marketing: Email Marketing is one of the most popular and widely used online marketing methods used by marketers, where advertising is done by simply sending emails of their product and services.
- Other types of digital marketing include the likes of Instant messaging marketing, radio advertising, television advertising, where the advertisement is done directly through these platforms. With these mediums you get closer to your customers, who can be easily lured by offering exactly what they have been thriving for.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
Marketing is all about getting connected to your customers at the right time in the right place. In the era of digitization, one company’s best strategy would be to get in touch with its audience online, which is where they spend most of their time. Today digital platforms are infinitely getting connected with the marketing plans. In such a scenario, it becomes very important to understand the crucial benefits of digital marketing to improve business growth.
- In today’s time information is considered as wealth. Marketers can easily scrutinize traffic information and plan their strategies. One also gets greater penetration into audience preferences and thereby impact their buying requirements.
- Right content is the key to meet particular commercial goals. Hence, the use of informative and engaging content is a must on social media for advertising.
- The online medium is the best platform to get connected to the customers across the globe, as it improves your outreach. It gives you the opportunity to get engaged with customers by giving smooth responses to their relevant queries along with feedback.
- One also gets to know all about their competitors’ strategies and plan accordingly to have an edge over them. Online Marketing also gives a competitive advantage to a small business firm or startups.
- Internet marketing paves the way for improvement in the conversion rate as it gives the opportunity to interact with the target audience in a much better way. Thus ensuring a better revenue generation.
Role of Digital Marketing
Today the industry of internet marketing is wide-spread in almost every business sector in India. With the unfurling of digital advancements in the present day, the role of digital marketing becomes very vital for organizations for marketing their businesses. Having a strategized online marketing in your business planning lets you be a potent part of bankable online marketing structure.
Digital marketing and online advertising are speedier, flexible, quantifiable and earnest than the traditional marketing methods. This gives an equal opportunity to any kinds of business which prefer online branding and advertisements. It also ensures the kind of commitment your customers want from your business while associating with it.
Online marketing is now the best way to market your business or services for its cost-effectiveness and accessibility. Its major significance lies in its potential to attract and engross the customers, who can easily get fascinated sufficiently in order to purchase what you convey to them.
The role of digital marketing becomes very impactful in order to earn the trust of your audience, thus building a strong relationship. It also allows you to track your results, thereby providing you with various analytical solutions which helps you to revamp your marketing campaigns and accordingly strategize your marketing plans if the outcome is not up to the mark of expectations.
Digital Marketing Scope
Marketing techniques and strategies have evolved over the years for the ease of advertising company’s product. Internet marketing in India is growing stronger day by day. It gives you the chance to increase the brand value of your product in this competitive world of marketers.
Online Marketing Scope in our country is huge and unmatchable since everyone is online today. The advantages it brings along is alone capable enough for its sustenance over a huge period of time unless we get any other medium of communication in the future.
Online Marketing brings along a huge scope of jobs, where you can make your career without any fear. You can choose your specialization as per your preference and start building your career. Some of the career options available are:-
- SEO Executive
- Google Ads Specialist
- Email Marketing
- Web Analyst
- Content Marketing Executive
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Link Building Specialist
In the online business as well, internet marketing comes up with huge scope, as you can become a professional blogger or start freelancing services. You can take up Affiliate Marketing & Adsense as a career and can also become a full-time Youtuber.
Digital Marketing is simply a treasure house in itself, full of wide varieties of opportunities available for the modern generation. Why wait? Just go digital and dig the benefits out of these huge oceans of digitization and modernization.